Indonesia is the largest economy in Southeast Asia and is the fastest growing economy in the region. With a population of over 249 million people, Indonesia is the world’s fourth most populous country in the world.
Indonesia is a significant market for CPC cattle and along with our Indonesian joint venture partners Greg Pankhurst and Dicky Adiwoso, CPC is committed to the future of this region.
Since the temporary suspension of live cattle imports to Indonesia in 2011 following a television documentary that exposed instances of cruelty to cattle in Indonesian abattoirs, CPC has worked hard with both its industry partners and Australian and Indonesian government authorities to ensure the necessary procedures and protocols are put in place to enable compliance with the new standards established by the Australian Government. Animal welfare is a key consideration in CPC operations.
In FY2017, CPC plans to export 25,500 head of live cattle to Indonesia.
Operations in Indonesia – PT Juang Jaya Abdi Alam
CPC holds an 80% interest in PT. Juang Jaya Abdi Alam (PT. JJAA), the other 20% being owned by our Indonesian Joint Venture partners. PT JJAA was first established in 2000 and now operates two feedlots in Indonesia, located in Lampung (South Sumatera) and Medan (North Sumatera). The Lampung feedlot has a capacity of 28,000 head, while the Medan feedlot has a capacity of 7,500 head; both facilities are “best in class” operations.
JJAA employs 180 people as permanent and contract employees, plus hires up to 300 casual daily workers.
In 2006, in partnership with local partners PT Agro Giri Perkasa , a breeding programme was established at the PT JJAA Lampung feedlot. Since 2006, 5,000 pregnant Brahman cross cows have been distributed throughout Indonesia supporting the increase in Indonesia’s national cattle population. In 2010 a Breeding Centre facility was established at the Lampung feedlot. The facility was built to support the Government programme to educate local farmers on cattle management. Currently more than 1,000 head of breeding cows are being maintained at the breeding centre.
As part of corporate social responsibility (CSR) toward surrounding villages, PT JJAA has a number of routine and non routine CSR programmes including providing clean water facilities in each of its surrounding villages, building infrastructure (road and bridge), scholarship programmes and providing financial assistance to the surrounding villages development.
CPC cattle, Lampung Feedlot
Contact : email@example.com